Check Out Harvey's Big One
By Brandon Voss
Photos by Walter McBride
In a special ceremony at NYC's Brooklyn Diner yesterday, the famed Times Square eatery dedicated its giant 15-Bite “All Beef” Hot Dog to Harvey Fierstein, the Brooklyn-born, Tony-nominated book writer of the hit Broadway musical Kinky Boots.
In addition to celebrating the success of the new musical, which features a score by Cyndi Lauper and stars Billy Porter as a drag queen, the occasion marked the 30th anniversary of Harvey's first Tony nominations and wins for his play Torch Song Trilogy.
After the Wednesday matinee of Kinky Boots, Harvey invited the audience to follow him over to the Brooklyn Diner, where hundreds of the “15-Bite ‘All Beef’ Harvey Hot Dogs" were given away. No word on how many old ladies could take every last inch, but it looks like Harvey did just fine.
See another great shot of Harvey and his namesake dog below. [Source: Gay.net]
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It