Cheyenne Jackson to Replace Sean Hayes in '6 Dance Lessons in 6 Weeks'
By Diego James
While Cheyenne Jackson's last Broadway appearance as a hunky adult film actor in The Performers didn't last long enough, now Jackson is getting a chance at a feature film role. According to Deadline, Jackson will play Michael Minetti, a "high-spirited dance instructor" in the indie feature 6 Dance Lesson In 6 Weeks. Strangely enough, Jackson replaces Sean Hayes in the role. Although the actors share no physical resemblance or acting style, we're guessing there's a little 'je ne sais quoi' that landed Jackson the role?
Here's the lowdown on the flick:
"Gena Rowlands co-stars as Lily Harrison, a retiree who hires Minetti to give her private dance lessons in her St. Petersburg Beach, FL condo. The unlikely pair soon develop a friendship apart from dance. 6 Dance Lessons is based on the LA-debuting play by Richard Alfieri, which has had a Broadway run and has been seen in 20 countries. Arthur Allan Seidelman directs the film version from a screenplay by Alfieri. Andras Somkuti is producing the film, with Marc Platt and Jerry Offsay executive producing. Jackson will next be seen opposite Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in HBO’s Behind The Candelabra. He is repped by ICM Partners and The Schiff Co."
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series