WATCH George Clooney's Duet with Neil Diamond
By Jeremy Kinser
OK, he's no Hugh Jackman when it comes to selling a number, but George Clooney sings "so good" —literally.
While attending the Carousel of Hope Ball in Beverly Hills last Saturday, the Oscar-winning actor was coaxed by singer Neil Diamond into singing a few bars of his hit "Sweet Caroline."
Clooney, who was honored with the Brass Ring award for his humanitarian efforts, had been assured by Diamond that he wouldn't be put on the spot to sing along. US magazine reports Diamond joking to the crowd, "I promised him that I wouldn't [ask him to sing], but I lied." Diamond told Clooney that his brief performance, aided by a gulp of red wine, could lead to even more challenging roles for the actor. "I do believe there's a whole slew of parts for you in films.They're doing a remake of The Sound of Music. You would look great in the lederhosen. I know you could do it."
Watch the performance below.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas