Meet Chaz the Intolerant Chick-fil-A Chicken
By Jerry Portwood
Oh, Conan. How do we love you? Let us count the ways. Always ready to introduce some bizarre idea into a sketch on his show, the TV host has now introduced Chaz, the Intolerant Chick-fil-A Chicken as a response to all the hullabaloo over the faith-based fast food chain's open intolerance toward marriage equality and homosexuality; and the Jim Henson Company's decision to take its Muppet characters out of its kids' meals.
As Coco explains in jest: "This has not stopped Chick-fil-A. They have just come out with a new puppet to spread the word about their delicious chicken sandwiches—and homophobia."
We assume Chaz got his name after Chaz Bono, the trans activist and reality show contestant (and Cher's son). But what really impresses us? The risk Conan took by doing such a thing while on his cable station, TBS, which is headquartered in Atlanta, the heart of Chick-fil-A country.
A sampling of the silly and salacious things that come out Chaz's mouth?
"It's in the scripture. The only pickle a guy should put in his mouth is in the Chick-fil-A Classic...Yum!"
But he's equal opportunity, right? He does say: "Oh, ladies, the only sweet cherry you should be licking is on top of our cookie sundae."
Check out the two clips below.
Introducing Chaz, the Intolerant Chick-fil-A Chicken
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Model Watch: 10 Things You Should Know About Shaun Ross