Tracey Gold Bashes Kirk Cameron's Anti-Gay Remarks
By Joshua Gardner
We can’t speak for his real life sister DJ Tanner, but Kirk Cameron’s recent comments that homosexuality is “unnatural” have at least been condemned by his onscreen sibling, Tracey Gold. The Growing Pains actress distanced herself from Cameron’s comments Sunday when she tweeted, “I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE.”
Other celebrities joined the Twitter fray, as well, according to OMG!
Like Roseanne Barr, whose response that “kirk or kurt or whatever cameron is an accomplice to murder with his hate speech. so is rick warren. their peers r killing gays in Uganda” was brash and hilarious as usual.
And Modern Family actor and Out 100 honoree Jesse Tyler Ferguson said what was on so many of our minds when he tweeted Sunday, “The only unnatural thing about me being gay is that I had a crush on Kirk Cameron until about 24 hours ago.”
Other celebrities who’ve tweeted against Cameron include Josh Charles, Craig Feguson, and Debra Messing.
So, though this may make us think twice before watching another rerun of Growing Pains, we rest easy knowing that there is more than enough TV out there we can tune into without feeling guilty.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary