Dolly Parton Talks Drag Queen Contest and Gay Rumors
By Andrew Villagomez
The lovable Dolly spoke with ABC News about her career, how she developed her looks, and explained why she is speaks openly about her plastic surgery, among other things. Also highlighted, Dolly discusses her participation in a celebrity drag queen look-alike contest, which she entered as an over-exaggerated portrayal and subsequently fooled audience members into thinking she was a man in drag. "[I got] in the line and I just walked across, and they just thought I was some little short gay guy, and I got the least applause … I was just dying of laughing inside," she said.
Dolly also discussed gay rumors, which she laughs about with fellow Southern power woman Oprah, who also has her share of gay rumors. "Like Gayle, her friend, Judy, my friend, they just think that you just can't be that close to somebody," Dolly said. "Judy and I have been best friends since we were, like, in the third and fourth grade. I love her as much as anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved."
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete