This Month’s Craziest B**ch on Screen
By Adam Rathe
Kristen Stewart’s mom, Jules, directed. Her brother pops up with a mohawk. Even the Twilight ingénue herself has a vocal cameo. But the reason to watch the cracked new drama K-11 has nothing to do with pouty old Bella Swan.
Set in a section of an L.A. slammer reserved for LGBT prisoners (bear with us), the movie follows Raymond (Goran Visnjic), a music exec who winds up in the tank and quickly learns that the only person with any muscle is Mousey, a Divine-esque MTF gangbanger (Kate del Castillo, pictured) who, when not pounding other inmates’ faces into bedframes, is forcing them to werrrk it in a jailhouse fashion show.
Yep, absurd and offensive. But she’s a hell of a lot cooler than some vampire who glitters in the sunlight.
But as del Castillo recently explained: "In a way, because I’m a romantic and I will always be, to me, I think it’s also a love story. It is. So that’s the way I see the movie. I think it’s amazing. I think Jules [Stewart] did an amazing job with her opera prima."
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Nashville's Chris Carmack on Playing Gay Country Singer Will Lexington
- The SAG Awards' Queer Quotient
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?