These Charming Men: Olly Alexander
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Samuel Bradley / Styling by Kyran Low
You Know Him From: The Dish and the Spoon, with Greta Gerwig, and the big-screen adaptation of Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations, as well as last year’s Cheerful Weather for the Wedding.
What’s Next: Playing Jeff Goldblum’s son in Le Weekend; starring as James in Belle and Sebastian singer Stuart Murdoch’s indie musical God Help the Girl, based on Murdoch’s album of the same name; and a two-episode stint on the British TV show Skins.
“When I was a kid, I grew up in a loud family and the way of getting attention was being like, ‘Look at me!’—singing or doing something stupid or something funny. [Acting] wasn’t really something that I had my heart set on doing; I didn’t want to go to drama school. You don’t really know if you can do it; I still don’t know if I can do it. So I guess that was part of the reason that started me out: My need for gratification and attention!"
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'