Tom Hardy Doesn't Care If You Think He's Gay
By Jerry Portwood
Pictured: Tom Hardy in the movie 'Bronson'
Tom Hardy is one of the few movie stars that I actually swoon over. The fact that he's gorgeous and so dedicated to acting is a rare combo. I first fell for him in the scary, amazing role he played in Bronson and followed him ever since. Yes, he had a key role in Inception, but it was not nearly as great as most Hardy roles. I mean, have you seen how he's transformed himself? Have you seen Warrior (it was the only reason to, actually). The man is mad! Now he's at Cannes for Lawless and get ready for him in The Dark Knight Rises—where he plays the villain Bane—and George Miller's long-in-the-works remake of Mad Max. Yep, he's taking over the lead role from Mel Gibson. Hardy loves to chat. And he recently did with Vulture's Kyle Buchanan where he was all over the place, including a reference to the questions about his fluid sexuality, gayness (or bisexuality or anything about his sexiness).
"Sometimes no one’s defending my corner! And then what you find — I've done it before — is that it’s a forest fire that you can’t put out. It's like [when commenters say], "Is he gay? Isn’t he gay?" Does it matter? Does it actually?"
Well, it doesn't. But it does. But no matter what, we want more Hardy all the time.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary