Menya Hooks Up
By Out.com Editors
The beat-dropping, pop peddling group known Menya was formed after its two founding members, Coco Dame and Good Goose, saw M.I.A., The Cool Kids, Santigold, and Spank Rock perform live one night during the 2007 CMJ Music Festival and were inspired to write their first song. Angie Ripe joined the group soon after and lent her vocals to Menya's debut EP, The Ol' Reacharound.
In 2008 the three New York University undergrads released Puss Coital and on October 23 Menya will release their mixtape, The Sleepover Series (Vol. 1), a 12-song party mix featuring New York artists, original tunes, and cover songs like their version of Kelly Clarkson's "I Do Not Hook Up" cheekily retitled "So What (I Hook Up)," exclusively available for download below. Menya is playing several shows over the next month including two CMJ showcases. For a full list of tour dates, more info on the band, and a free download of the entire The Sleepover Series (Vol. 1) starting October 23, head to their MySpace page.
To download "So What (I Hook Up)," click here.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes
- Gay TV - Shows, Series, Reviews, Gay Actors
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath