By Jason Lamphier
'The anticipation of getting naked in front of the camera is horrible,' says Simon Miller of his sex scenes in Between Love & Goodbye, the latest flick from director Casper Andreas (A Four Letter Word). 'But then I'd be like, 'Dammit, it's happening!' I'd do 20 push-ups and say, 'I'm naked -- I'm ready!'"
The Nevada-born newcomer stuck out countless takes wearing only a sock-like pouch, but the bedroom romps and pillow talk are only half the story. Miller plays Kyle, an aspiring Manhattan musician trying to live happily ever after with his French actor boyfriend, Marcel (Justin Tensen). To stay in America, Marcel marries his lesbian pal, and the three share a cramped Lower East Side apartment. But the relationship sours when Kyle's gender-confused sister moves in. Complicated? Sure. Over the top? Absolutely.
Miller's turn as an oft-nude rocker may mark his big-screen debut, but he's no stranger to uncomfortable living situations. His first pad in Brooklyn was a barely renovated auto repair shop he shared with five roommates, including a heroin-addled poet. 'There was a pit they'd tried to cover in the middle of the apartment, the elevator shaft had been turned into a shower, and the gas leaked,' he recalls. 'One morning I woke up to find a giant rat dragging a Chips Ahoy! package across the kitchen floor. I stayed there two months.'
Between Love & Goodbye opens in New York City on January 30, followed by select theaters across the country in February.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'