Out100: Italo Zucchelli
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
In 2013, Zucchelli (center) celebrated 10 years as Men's Creative Director of Calvin Klein Collection. In an industry that has made a habit of regurgitating trends from past decades, his refreshing “Italian in New York” approach to Klein’s sportswear legacy has propelled the brand into the 21st century. The futuristic silhouettes Zucchelli imagines for his collections consistently merge the codes of formalwear with a cool, athletic, American edge. Add to the formula some masterful tailoring skills (the tight pants worn by his models on the runway are cut with a precision that sometimes leaves very little to the imagination) and a knack for fine fabrics and technical innovation, and you get some of the most exhilarating clothing a modern man could wish for in his wardrobe.
Photographed at Wise Men in New York City on August 29, 2013
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?