Out100: Charles Renfro
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
The Fire Island Pines’ Pavilion nightclub burned down last year, but with the help of Renfro (and his firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro), a better, gayer, and possibly more avant-garde establishment will replace it. With the addition of Renfro as partner in 2004, the firm has completed some of the most iconic projects of recent years, like New York City’s High Line and the new Lincoln Center. Future endeavors are perhaps even more ambitious and playful -- like the giant bubble that’ll be overflowing from inside Washington, D.C.'s Hirshhorn Museum in 2013.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012 /
Bricks courtesy of LEGO ®
- 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year
- WATCH: Jennifer Lawrence Butt Plug Hotel Story
- Was Norman Rockwell Gay?
- Duck Dynasty Star Suspended For Bigoted Remarks
- Confronting the 'Glitter Mafia': What Happens When the Gay Groups Become the Bullies
- Zac Efron And A Kitten Get Animated In New Motion Posters For 'That Awkward Moment'