Out100: Charles Renfro
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
The Fire Island Pines’ Pavilion nightclub burned down last year, but with the help of Renfro (and his firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro), a better, gayer, and possibly more avant-garde establishment will replace it. With the addition of Renfro as partner in 2004, the firm has completed some of the most iconic projects of recent years, like New York City’s High Line and the new Lincoln Center. Future endeavors are perhaps even more ambitious and playful -- like the giant bubble that’ll be overflowing from inside Washington, D.C.'s Hirshhorn Museum in 2013.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012 /
Bricks courtesy of LEGO ®
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.