Hot List: Frankmusik
By Jason Lamphier
Not only has 23-year-old Frankmusik helped ignite the fuse behind the United Kingdom's current synth-pop explosion, he's also quite possibly the biggest tease of the season. The beat-boxer turned budding superstar studied ballet, has posed in the buff twice for British gay skin mag AXM, can be seen shuffling around on a giant keyboard in his adorable video for '3 Little Words,' and will tour with the Pet Shop Boys in June. Sadly, Frankmusik (born Vincent Frank) doesn't play for our team, but his self-assurance and, dare we say, frankness overshadows his sexuality -- a theme proudly displayed on his forthcoming release, Complete Me (out this summer).
'I'm completely at ease with myself,' he says while taking a brief break from putting the final studio touches on his debut album. 'The title is actually very open, so you make your own meaning of it. To me it's supposed to signify how music actually completes the missing part of me.'
When asked why '80s-era electro fills the missing part of so many gay men, the 'ber-cute singer-producer answers rather confidently: 'Synth-pop arrived at a time when you could be anything you wanted to be. It offered a freedom, rather than the restraints of other genres of music, and the one thing I encourage is freedom -- visual freedom, freedom in fashion. Synth-pop is an escape.'
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?