5 Hairstyles For Coarse Hair
By Out.com Editors
Short Dread Locks (Kele Okereke)
"This look is like a continuation from the short twist. On damp hair, divide your hair into sections according to the size of the dread you want. If you hair is shorter, you may want to start small. Twist the lock with some product, substituting the pomade with a heavier wax, like the Sojourn Texture Styling Balm ($22, 2oz, at SojournBeauty.com). It has linalool wax in it, which gives the hair a mat finish and adds more texture.
To create the locks: As the root is coming out, don't stop twisting, and your hair will start to dread naturally."
NEXT: Lenny Kravitz's Well-Coiffed Afro
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam