5 Hairstyles For Coarse Hair
By Out.com Editors
Short Dread Locks (Kele Okereke)
"This look is like a continuation from the short twist. On damp hair, divide your hair into sections according to the size of the dread you want. If you hair is shorter, you may want to start small. Twist the lock with some product, substituting the pomade with a heavier wax, like the Sojourn Texture Styling Balm ($22, 2oz, at SojournBeauty.com). It has linalool wax in it, which gives the hair a mat finish and adds more texture.
To create the locks: As the root is coming out, don't stop twisting, and your hair will start to dread naturally."
NEXT: Lenny Kravitz's Well-Coiffed Afro
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale