5 Hairstyles For Coarse Hair
By Out.com Editors
Short Twist (John Legend)
"Start with damp hair. Apply some Philip B Rejuvenating Oil ($30, 2fl oz, at PhilipB.com) -- coconut oil or olive oil works too -- and Sachajuan Finishing Cream ($26, 2.5oz, at Sephora): It’s a little heavier than your average cream, which I like. The amount you use depends on the density of your hair: The thicker your hair is, the more product you'll need to use. The two products together will act as a natural detangler.
"Separate the hair in half sections using a fine-toothed comb to grip the hair at the root. You could use your fingers too, but the comb will give you a neater result. Grab the hair at the root and twist it all the way to the end, creating a coil-like shape. Beware of motion sickness!
"If you can, sit under a hooded dryer for about an hour, or let your hair air dry. Don’t sleep on it right after you styled it. You can leave it as it is, or separate the twists a little bit to create a fuller look."
NEXT: Kele Okereke's Short Dreads
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua