Reebok Launches Keith Haring Sneakers
By Julien Sauvalle
After Jean-Michel Basquiat and Ryan McGinness, Reebok chose Keith Haring to expand its Affili'Art collection with a new range of sneakers designed in collaboration with the Keith Haring Foundation. With classic '80s silhouette and vibrant colors, the shoes feature the late artist's iconic "Barking Dog" and "Radiant Baby" figures as removable components and embroided details.
The collection launches globally on February 10 with hopes that the younger generations will catch on and carry forward Haring's legacy. "Celebrating creativity is a central goal of our brand," said Todd Krinsky, the Vice President of Reebok Classic. "This collection, and our partnership with the Keith Haring Foundation, allows us to re-imagine the artwork of this ground-breaking genius through a new medium that will appeal not only to his greatest fans but also introduce Haring to a new audience."
A protégé of Andy Warhol, Keith Haring rose to fame in the '80s with his naïve style and explicit murals, and became one of the most seminal artists of that decade. He died of AIDS-related complications in 1990, leaving a prolific body of work and an ongoing contribution to Pop-Art. The Keith Haring Foundation was set up to help underprivileged kids and support HIV/AIDS research and care.
The Reebok x Keith Haring collection launches globally on February 10 at selected Reebok retailers.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano