Montblanc Releases Limited Edition 4th of July Pen
By Peter Frost
In honor of the Fourth of July, Montblanc has released a writing instrument worthy of the founding fathers, with the price clocking in at a grand total of $33,000. The pen, which has been christened the Statue of Liberty Writing Instrument from the company’s Artisan Collection, features 750 solid gold fittings, with the design being inspired by neoclassical sculpture and the original monument’s design by Gustave Eiffel.
The opulent device has also been engraved with the official date of the American Independence Declaration and features a mother-of-pearl Montblanc emblem. All in all, it's quite the masterpiece.
The collection has been limited to only fifty pieces worldwide, with each one symbolizing one of our lovely States. So, if you’re feeling especially flush, are a proud member of the 1%, or just really festive, click here for more purchasing information—or visit a Montblanc boutique. This is pen's price tag is mightier than that of any sword.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film