Meryl Streep To Play Miranda Priestly Again?
By Out.com Editors
Because there is a God and because He is merciful, word has come from our heavenly Father that Meryl Streep, mistress of all things good in the cosmos, would be willing and able to play Miranda Priestly if (and when) the time comes to revisit. When the news broke that Lauren Weisberger, author of the book that begat the 2006 blockbuster film The Devil Wears Prada, was working on a follow up novel, Ms. Streep affirmed the only question that could follow that announcement: Would she play the editrix-in-chief of Runway magazine? Access Hollywood caught up with the Academy Award winning thespian on the red carpet last night and grilled her on the possibility of reviving our Prada-clad icon, should a film sequel come to be. Meryl was taken off-guard, as she didn't know there was even another book on its way, but said she'd be willing to slip her shoes into some red-soled Manolos should the occasion present itself, before adding with a typical Streep-ian backhanded compliment: "I'd have to lose the fucking weight." Pshaw.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film