Photography by Koji Yano
Rock music’s definitive shape-shifter, Bowie has lived many lives. He concocted his glam-god extraterrestrial guise Ziggy Stardust in the 1970s before lending a cheeky, exaggerated take to the power-suit trend of the early ’80s. But the persona Bowie adopted for the seminal 1976 album Station to Station, known as the Thin White Duke, showed fashionable restraint. Designers’ recent inclination for classic tailoring -- blazers and shirts constructed in luxe fabrications with a slightly retro feel -- is a reminder of the fictional mad aristocrat’s lasting influence.
1. Silk printed shirt by Topman, $250
2. Pony hair moto jacket by Topman, $500
3. Navy felt panama hat by Banana Republic, $50.50
4. Feather pin by Louis Vuitton, $620
5. Ankle boot by Bottega Veneta, $2,050