Azealia Banks Still Working on Album
By Jerry Portwood
With this past weekend's Twitter kerfuffle—in which bisexual songstress Azealia Banks tried to redefine the use and meaning of the word faggot—and the requisite backlash from industry peers and fans (like Jake Shears) and organizations (such as GLAAD), Banks seemed to be in a pretty difficult place.
That was followed by the gossip that her album, which was scheduled to come out February from Interscope, had been "dropped." We contacted Interscope and a spokesperson quashed those rumors. He said that the album would indeed be released, that Banks was still working on it so the release date had been pushed (once again).
So is that all cleared up? Maybe. Now we just have to hope that she doesn't torpedo her potential fans with any more stupid outbursts.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet