Ryan Murphy: I Was A High School Stud
By Evan Lambert
We never really pictured Glee creator Ryan Murphy as a popular kid. We always just figured he'd gone through high school as a sensitive and creative aesthete, penning short stories in the back of science class while secretly pining after the boy sitting in front of him.
However, all of that is about to change.
According to the Village Voice's Michael Musto, Ryan Murphy says the following on tonight's Inside the Actors Studio: "I was an odd creature in high school because I was a target but also I was popular, and that's because on the sly, I was dating a lot of the football players."
That's right, Murphy says he got around. Now we're picturing him sashaying down the hallway with the quarterback, clutching his books to his chest and judging all the other girls' outfits. Of course, that would've never happened, since Murphy would've gotten a Slushie to the face if he had ever gone public with his football fetish. But still, we like this version of Murphy. Now all the Glee backstage drama makes perfect sense: Murphy is a mean girl!
Musto also teases some other stuff, like what Kurt—or Chris Colfer—would hear from God if he ever went to heaven. Check it out here.
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS