Jonah Mowry Is The Most Popular Bullied Gay Teen On The Internet
By Out.com Editors
Although his video about bullying was uploaded to YouTube months ago, it wasn’t until this weekend that you couldn’t go online without hearing about bullied teen Jonah Mowry.
In the original video, which has now been seen almost 3 million times, Mowry bravely holds up a series of note cards explaining his dire situation. About the enter the eighth grade, he’s left almost entirely without friends at his school and is bullied—called "gay," "fag," "dick," "douche" and "homo"—constantly. He says into his webcam that he cuts himself. Of returning to school, he writes, “I'm scared to go back.”
The video got tons of attention this weekend, and Mowry got Twitter shouts from celebrities including Ricky Martin, Jane Lynch, Lady Gaga and Amanda Bynes. And more important than star endorsements, another Mowry video surfaced (and then was deleted, but not before others copied it) showing the teen alive and well (and chewing gum in an obnoxious teenage way), joking with a friend and thanking viewers for their support.
Though some are calling the kid out for being a fake, it seems pretty real to us. Haven’t seen the videos? Check ‘em out below.
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star