Mischa Barton disclaims lesbian birthday kiss
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
Mischa Barton did what any self-respecting celebrity caught in a lesbian kiss scandal would do to set the record straight: she took to her blog to clarify what exactly was going on when she was caught smoochin' a female friend on Monday in France.
"I was photographed at my 23rd birthday party engaging in what most of the gossip blogs refer to as a "girl on girl" kiss," the actress writes. "Well I just wanted to take this moment to clear the air by saying that the kiss was purely platonic! We were joking around and it was taken out of context."
Suuuuure it was, Mischa. But for the record -- we don't kiss our straight girlfriends no matter how drunk or French we're feeling.
Previously > The OC finale sing-along
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles