Crushing on Azealia Banks
By Mike Berlin
We've had a desperate, pathetic crush on Azealia Banks ever since her video for "212" (below) came out last fall. Since then, none other thanV, Elle, GQ, and T: The New York Times Style Magazine have pounced on the 20-year-old hip-hop artist's rare blend of talent, rambunctiousness, and personal style ("street-meets-chic," as The New York Times put it in their recent profile of her).
We're loving the way her seemingly innocent Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and pigtails clash with her aggressively suggestive lyrics. (Girl knows how to mix and match.)
One more thing that we love about her? She just casually came out as bisexual, no big deal.
“I’m not trying to be, like, the bisexual, lesbian rapper," she tells the Times. "I don’t live on other people’s terms.”
Hey, we're happy with her being a bisexual, lesbian rapper, so long as she's still making videos like this:
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Casting Net: Teen Wolf Adds Gay Lacrosse Player To Show's Locker Room
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam