The Power List: TIM GILL
By Out.com Editors
Software Pioneer/Philanthropist, 58
Using wealth gained from founding the software giant Quark, Gill began campaigning for LGBT equality after antigay Colorado Amendment 2 was passed in 1992. Since then, the Gill Foundation has granted over $197 million to nonprofits -- most of them LGBT-focused -- and, along with the Gill Action Fund, helped stop antigay politicians and laws all over the U.S.
READER COMMENTS (
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Who Cares About Islan Nettles?