The Power List: TAMMY BALDWIN, DAVID CICILLINE, JARED POLIS
By Out.com Editors
U.S. Representative, Wisconsin, 50
U.S. Representative, Rhode Island, 50
U.S. Representative, Colorado, 36
Baldwin, the first openly gay non-incumbent elected to the House of Representatives, recently announced her candidacy for the 2012 Wisconsin Senate election. If she wins, it will make her the first gay U.S. Senator. Cicilline, who became the fourth openly gay member of Congress in 2011, is still pushing the Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal DOMA and allow the federal government to provide equal benefits to couples in same-sex marriages. Polis, who happens to be one of the 10 richest members of Congress, became the only openly gay member who is also a parent when his son was born last year.
READER COMMENTS (
- Here's Your Chance to Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen!
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Wish Someone A Merry Xmas With These Matt Bomer 'Magic Mike' Holiday Cards
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year
- Daily Crush: BL33N T-Shirt For Russia