The Power List: ELLEN DEGENERES
By Out.com Editors
Spokesperson/Talk-Show Host/Producer, 54
Now that Oprah has left network television, DeGeneres reigns supreme with her talk show, using her pulpit to change public opinion. When J.C. Penney tapped her as its spokesperson, antigay group One Million Moms campaigned to remove her, which was followed by the unthinkable: Bill O’Reilly came to her defense. J.C. Penney CEO Ron Johnson ignored the hate and decided to keep DeGeneres, saying, “She shares the same values that we do in our company.”
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series