R.I.P.: Vidal Sassoon Died Today at Age 84
By Out.com Editors
Today at the age of 84, hairstylist Vidal Sassoon passed away in Los Angeles, the AP has reported. Sassoon is not only credited with streamlining women's haircuts—favoring angular, easy coifs over the traditionally overworked, overwrought beehive of the day—his style of cutting is said to have been a physical representation of the countercultural movement. He also made millions by taking his success in the salon to the markets with an eponymous hair care line.
Today this may seem silly—or like an overstatment—but many people refer to him as the man who "changed the world with a pair of scissors," and when a documentary, titled Vidal Sasson, was released in 2010 about his influence on the beauty and fashion industries, it showed his broad reach around the globe.
So tomorrow, when you get out of the shower and massage some hair cream through your luscious locks before stepping outside, think of Mr. Sassoon, and make sure you look good—if you don't look good, he doesn't look good.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...