1. According to The Advocate, Utah has invalidated the nearly 1,000 same-sex marriages that occurred after a federal judge ruled the state’s ban on such marriages was unconstitutional. This follows news from earlier this week that the Supreme Court has put a stay on same-sex marriages in the state, because there is a chance that the case will go before the SCOTUS.
2. I hope Tupac really is dead so he doesn’t have to know that they’re making a Tupac Broadway musical.
3. Nancy Kerrigan will join the NBC Sochi Olympic news team. In a press release issued yesterday NBC confirmed that she will join Bob Costas, Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, and other NBC personalities to report and comment on the Sochi Olympic Games. Kerrigan will serve as the Skating Analyst.
4. Emma Thompson and Meryl Streep stole the show at the National Board of Review awards. Fingers crossed for a buddy cop film.
5. Drake’s posthumous album with Aaliyah isn’t gonna happen. In 2012, Drake released “Enough Said,” which featured a previously unreleased hook by the late singer. The project ended because the producer, Noah “40” Shebib, quit the project, fearing the project would engender bad publicity.
6. Carmen Carrera and OUT 100 honoree Laverne Cox appeared on Katie Couric’s talk show, creatively titled Katie, to discuss transgender issues. When Katie asks Laverne why so many people are focused on the anatomical aspects of transpeople, Cox sets the record straight. Check out the video below: