Alex Newell Is Performing at Disney Anaheim's 'Gay Days'
By Samantha Henderson
One of our favorite Glee actors, Alex Newell, whom we profiled here, is just one of the performers who will be at the super-packed "Gay Days" weekend at Disneyland Anaheim, October 4-6. Modeled after the Disney Orlando Gay Day, the Anaheim event, which draws about 30,000 people, used to be a park-sponsored evening, but that was canceled in 1998. This unofficial weekend now fills the void.
Though a huge draw, Alex Newell isn't the only entertainer coming out for Gay Days. person worth showing up for. He and others, including DJ Kimberly S and Broadway star Susan Egan, will be performing at "Kingdom," the main dance party of the weekend. But don't worry—there's a warm-up dance party on Friday, as well. And if that's not enough to satisfy you, there's also "An(other) Evening with Miss Coco Peru," "Plunge!," the weekend's pool party. And the Trevor Project is hosting a teen dance party.
For all the details, more on the cornucopia of Gay Days performers, and for tickets, check out the website.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World