Anderson Cooper: Scott Baio Was My Childhood Crush
By Diego James
We all know Anderson likes guys with a little ethnic flair. Now, in case you missed it, we know it started young. We're sure Jessica Walters enjoyed the Andy Cohen vs. Anderson Cooper tag team on last Friday's episode of Anderson Live, but it was the guessing game that put some questions to rest.
During one segment, Cooper had to guess the names of 1970s and '80s TV shows based on clues read aloud by Arrested Development's Walters. When she read aloud, "One of the stars was Anderson's childhood crush," Cooper looked at pal (and co-host) Cohen and asked: "Which one?" since there were obviously so many crushes.
Cooper correctly guessed his favorite show, Joanie Loves Chachi (a failed spinoff of Happy Days for all of you youngins).
"Wait, was the crush Scott Baio?" Cohen asked.
"Yea," Anderson admitted. He said that Baio was once a guest on the show, but that he didn't have the courage to tell him that he was one of his childhood crushes.
"You know what, having met him, it's best that you didn't," Cohen says. Is he alluding to a homophobic Baio? "We'll talk about it later," is all Cohen gives the audience.
Walters let it slip that Baio will have a cameo on Arrested Development when it premieres on Netflix May 26.
Watch the clip below:
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem