First Look: Teen Gay Wedding
By Jerry Portwood
David Harris and Tre'Darrius Anderson, both 19, were married in Washington, DC January 18, 2013, and they may be one of the youngest gay couples to legally wed. At least that's what The Scoop seems to think. The young couple from Tennessee, who tied the knot in front of the Lincoln Memorial, will also be featured on an upcoming episode of My Teenage Gay Wedding.
As described on the My Teenage Gay Wedding page:
David and Tre’Darrius, both 19, are young, black, and gay, and getting married in not-so-progressive Memphis. But the odds are stacked against them. Once very popular, David’s friends ostracized him after he came out in high school. Neither mother is responding to the wedding invite. And their only adult supporter, Tre’s uncle Theo, thinks they’re too young to marry. When flaky groomsman Rico says he might have to work on the wedding day, the couple is crushed. The biggest obstacle, though, is making the marriage legal. That means going to Washington, DC, but Tre must first get over his fear of flying!
Watch the video clip of images of their wedding here:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula