First Look: Official Poster for 'Continental' Documentary
By Diego James
Small Town Gay Bar filmmaker Malcolm Ingram's new documentary, Continental, about the iconic bathhouses of the late 1960s and 70s, will debut at SXSW. And now we've seen that the sexy poster has been unveiled for what will feature The New York Dolls, Better Midler, and Barry Manilow (of course).
The official synopsis:
“Malcolm Ingram's lively new documentary CONTINENTAL takes viewers back in time to the sexually charged New York of 1968, when the notorious Continental Baths opened its doors. This groundbreaking den of debauchery (advertised as a place “for sophisticated men only”) came to transcend sexual identity and became a cultural beacon to the hip, beautiful and infamous. Not only host to newly-empowered gay men of all shapes and sizes, eager to take full advantage of their sexual freedoms at a lavish venue, the Continental brought both high and low culture to the bathhouse's stage week after week, becoming instrumental in the careers of ‘60s and ‘70s icons like Bette Midler, Barry Manilow, Patti LaBelle, Peter Allen, and countless others."
Check out the poster below:
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet