There Will Never Be a Gay James Bond
By Jeremy Kinser
Don't get too stirred by the chatter over the homoerotic encounter between James Bond and the villainous Silva in Skyfall, Daniel Craig says a gay 007 is not on the horizon.
The just-released blockbuster features a much-discussed flirtatious scene between Craig's Secret Service agent and a sexually ambiguous former agent played by Javier Bardem, who caresses 007's chest. The ruggedly handsome Craig is adamant when asked by E! Online's Marc Malkin if he envisions a future caper in which Bond is portrayed as gay.
"No," he says firmly. "Because he's not gay. And I don't think Javier's character is either—I think he'd fuck anything."
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!