Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears Talks 'Magic Hour,' Mushrooms, Minogue
By Diego James
Still waiting to hear Scissor Sisters' latest, Magic Hour, out May 29? You won't be disappointed. It's a feel-good album that is back to the early days of fun, dancey tracks (just wait til you hear "Let's Have a Kiki" in a club sometime soon, and you'll see what we mean). For a taste, watch "Only the Horses" here. The band is currently rocking in London (where they are sooo loved) this week, and goes out on its U.S. tour June 15, beginning in Las Vegas, so start getting your tickets now.
Jake Shears shared some fun facts with Spin recently, and we thought you'd like a quick hit list to add to your repertoir. So here ya go:
- Favorite song: between Bette Midler's "The Rose" and Roxy Music's "More Than This."
- Favorite new musical artist: a French duo called Trust.
- Favorite venue: the Bowery Ballroom in New York or The Showbox in Seattle
- Favorite collaborator: Kylie Minogue
- Favorite way to kill time while touring: We love watching the reality show, The Swan.
- Favorite food: "I'm such a fitness freak that I eat so plain, it's gross," Shears says. "I have oatmeal in the morning and then I have chicken breasts and vegetables and spinach shakes." So NOW we know how he keeps that body like that!
- Favorite drug: Probably psilocybin. I love a mushroom, those are always a good time.
Read the entire interview here.