EXCLUSIVE: Watch 'Two Men in Love' From The Irrepressibles
By Out.com Editors
Composer and vocalist Jamie McDermott is the creative genius behind The Irrepressibles, what began as an art performance project in 2002 and has since turning into an incredible art-pop outfit. “Two Men in Love,” from Nude (which was released yesterday) is described as "a beautiful, intimate confession of the powerful love between two men in the face of a rejecting world." The track builds intensity with a heart beat and the lyric “when I look into your eyes, there's a danger inside” and expands into polyphonic string arrangements and Kate Bush-like choral refrains.
McDermott has a "Farinelli-meets-Elvis" style that's been compared to David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, and even Grace Jones. And the video for "Two Men in Love" features a collage formed of kisses sent in by lovers across the world supporting The Irrepressibles message of unabashed universal love. Download the album, Nude, on iTunes.
Watch "Two Men in Love" below:
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- The New State of Kevin Allison: Unashamed, Unfiltered but Always Honest
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- EXCLUSIVE: Arrange Covers P!nk’s ‘Don’t Let Me Get Me'
- Cast of Fun Home & Alison Bechdel Visited South Carolina to Counter Homophobic Controversy
- Sean Dorsey: Giving Voice (and Dance) to a Generation Lost to AIDS