EXCLUSIVE: Watch 'Two Men in Love' From The Irrepressibles
By Out.com Editors
Composer and vocalist Jamie McDermott is the creative genius behind The Irrepressibles, what began as an art performance project in 2002 and has since turning into an incredible art-pop outfit. “Two Men in Love,” from Nude (which was released yesterday) is described as "a beautiful, intimate confession of the powerful love between two men in the face of a rejecting world." The track builds intensity with a heart beat and the lyric “when I look into your eyes, there's a danger inside” and expands into polyphonic string arrangements and Kate Bush-like choral refrains.
McDermott has a "Farinelli-meets-Elvis" style that's been compared to David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, and even Grace Jones. And the video for "Two Men in Love" features a collage formed of kisses sent in by lovers across the world supporting The Irrepressibles message of unabashed universal love. Download the album, Nude, on iTunes.
Watch "Two Men in Love" below:
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad