'Private Romeo' Opens Today
By Jerry Portwood
Romeo & Juliet is most likely the most famous love story ever told. But that tale of star-crossed teenage lovers may seem to leave out all those boys pining for their bunkmate across the barracks. Instead of two feuding houses, Alan Brown's Private Romeo takes the tension found in an all-male military school with a group of eight friends divided over the intense infatuation between two of the boys.
Starring Seth Numrich, who is straight, and Matt Doyle, who is gay, there is plenty of steamy moments in showers and in twin beds. Numrich told us last year after filming had wrapped that there was chemistry between the two of them almost instantly. "We auditioned together, so we'd kissed each other before we'd even exchanged names," Numrich said. "It forces you to break the ice. There was never hesitation, and that's what's required to build a relationship onscreen."
The film opens at Cinema Village today in New York City. Check out the trailer below.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 17th Annual Out100
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath