What's In Store: Tel Aviv's L'Etranger
By Max Berlinger
Nestled in Tel Aviv's trendy neighborhood of Neve Tzedek, amongst quirky shops and beautiful pedestrians, one could easily overlook the white façade of Shimon Zarfati's clothing store L'Etranger—but that would be a big mistake. At the suggestion of local fashion expert and tour guide Galit Reismann of TLV Style, we stopped by the concept boutique which features an array of big name labels—think Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester, Damir Doma, and Giuliano Fujiwara—clearly favoring a gothic sensibility. Zarfati also sells his own men's and women's apparel in stark store, with winding archways and nooks containing racks of relaxed, lightweight black and gray garb. His studio is in the back of the shop with bolts of lush fabrics leaning in a corner and a tidy table with patterns and scissors artfully laid out. The idea, Zarfati said, was to provide options for discerning shoppers looking for unique gems not readily available elsewhere in the city—a goal he's executing to perfection.
L'Etranger, 3 Lilienblum Street, Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv, Israel. +972 (0) 35107101. [email protected]
Photos courtesy of Sarah Olin
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters