Behind the Bar: NYC's Highlands Gastropub
By Jason Rowan
Situated in the heart of New York City's West Village, Highlands is a contemporary authentic Scottish gastropub that offers more tartan than you can shake a kilt at, as well as delicious Scottish fare, including a brunch menu served from 12-4pm on the weekends. But we're more interested in what's going on behind the bar. Highlands has over 100 single malt scotches, Scottish beers and ales, and Scottish-inspired specialty drinks like the Basil Fawlty, which is one of the bar's best-selling cocktails.
We caught up with mixologist Lee Brown at Highlands to learn how they make the signature drink:
For more on Highlands, located at 150 West 10th Street, NYC, visit their official website or call 212-229-2670.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto