Behind the Bar: NYC's Highlands Gastropub
By Jason Rowan
Situated in the heart of New York City's West Village, Highlands is a contemporary authentic Scottish gastropub that offers more tartan than you can shake a kilt at, as well as delicious Scottish fare, including a brunch menu served from 12-4pm on the weekends. But we're more interested in what's going on behind the bar. Highlands has over 100 single malt scotches, Scottish beers and ales, and Scottish-inspired specialty drinks like the Basil Fawlty, which is one of the bar's best-selling cocktails.
We caught up with mixologist Lee Brown at Highlands to learn how they make the signature drink:
For more on Highlands, located at 150 West 10th Street, NYC, visit their official website or call 212-229-2670.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It