Bartender Daniel DeMarchena: Top Ten Playlist and Q&A
By Out.com Editors
1. Where Have You Been: Rihanna
2. Dance Again: Jennifer Lopez
3. Let's Go: Calvin Harris
4. Girl Gone Wild: Madonna
5. Scream: Usher
6. Part of me: Katy Perry
7. Chasing the Sun The Wanted
8. Pay Phone (Club remix): Maroon 5
9. Call Me Maybe Remix: Carly Rae Jensen -
10. Boyfriend: Justin Bieber
Last two are just my two guilty pleasures!
What are the three golden rules for throwing a great party?
Daniel: Music, the perfect cocktails, and an amazing ambiance.
The biggest no-no?
Attitude and cockiness, bad music, and people depressed with relationship and friends issues. Stay home if you're in a mood don't bring others down.
Madonna or Gaga?
What was the first record you ever bought?
No Doubt's "Tragic kingdom."
Which dance track is a guaranteed crowd pleaser this summer?
Rihanna's "Where Have You Been." She's amazing.
What time does your day start, and how?
If I worked the day before, then around one I have lunch, try to go to gym, and do errands. If I didn't work, I wake up around ten and try to hang with friends.
What are you doing for Pride?
I want to go but will probably be working at Twist for the weekend.
What's the single most ridiculous thing that's happened to you while on the job?
Hmm. Nothing too crazy really. Let's see. I guess people paying hundreds of dollars just for a bartender to take their shirt off when if they would just wait, we take it off anyways.
How do you like to spend your downtime?
I like watching movies and catching up with friends. That important for me -- having a semi normal life detached from the party scene.
What are the can't-miss events of Summer 2012?
Pride NYC and Montreal. And if you have some extra money, be sure to catch Madrid Pride and Barcelona circuit party.
What’s your favorite Stoli flavor?
Love blueberry with Sprite.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- The 8th Annual Power 50