PHOTOS: The Newest Gay Party in Vegas
By Neal Broverman
The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas is known as one of Vegas's most welcoming casino/resorts for LGBT visitors. The hip property stays true to its rep with a new gay night at its signature dance palace, Marquee Nightclub. Marquee's FREEDOM Sundays debuted this weekend, thanks to LGBT promoter Eduardo Cordova. The first FREEDOM, which is named for queer equality, brought out cast members from Rock of Ages, Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas, Joshua Strickland from Peepshow, Chippendales dancers Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis and Reichen Lehmkuhl and Chip Arndt, from The Amazing Race. "Held in Marquee’s Boom Box Room, the packed crowd danced to the sound of DJ Nick Ayler under spectacular laser shows, and singer Rokelle wowed guests with a special performance of club anthem 'Bullet' as they partied late into the night," according to a release from the club.
Check out the scene at FREEDOM on the following pages. All pictures by Gabe Zapata.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The Double Life of Gillian Anderson
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists