In Living Color: Vegas' Neon Museum
By Andrew Belonsky
Neon is to Las Vegas as art deco is to Miami. They grew up together - (the flashing, multicolored bulbs hit the mass market just as Las Vegas was rising from the sand) and have since formed a symbiotic, nearly codependent relationship. You can have the neon without Vegas, but not Vegas without the neon. Neon is the town's trademark. The lights were the dreams on which this glittering town was built.
But not all dreams shine on ever-after. Some burn out, and when they do, they end up at Las Vegas' six-acre Neon Museum and Boneyard. The museum was kind enough to share these images for those of us who can't make it out there. And, for those who are heading to Sin City, hopefully these will inspire a pilgrimage to see this collection of Vegas' glittering history.
Above, the museum's own signage.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix