10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Deserts, the saying goes, have secrets, and none are more tight lipped than California's nearby Mojave Desert, located 2 hours outside of town, right in the middle of the drive to Los Angeles. Naturally as iconic as the Hoover Dam, though far more impressive in its expansiveness and cultural impact, the blazing red Mojave is more than just an overheated desert stretch.
Mitchell Caverns let you get deep inside these ancient rock formations, while Hole-in-the-Wall Canyon (pictured) lets you take a wider view of the majesty. The ghost town of Kelso stands as a reminder of the bygone railroad days, and the similarly named dunes show what a little wind and millions of years can do to a landscape's face.
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men
- How Devonte Hynes of Blood Orange Saved Pop Music