12 Gay Movies Straight Out of LA
By Andrew Belonsky
5. CIRCUIT (2001): Depending on your point of view, this film about an Illinois cop who falls into LA's circuit scene is either a cautionary tale or hysteria-infused schlock.
6. LEATHER JACKET LOVE STORY (1997): Horror director David DeCoteau tried out a whole new genre with this rough and artful story of a poet who falls for a leather daddy.
7. THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB (2000): This big-hearted romantic comedy boasts a pretty well-rounded, well-known cast: post-Lois and Clark Dean Cain, Timothy Olyphant, at that point famous for his roles in Scream 2 and The First Wives Club, and Andrew Keegan. Billy Porter, who just won a Tony for Kinky Boots, also appears in this film from Greg Berlanti, the writer/director who cut his teeth on Dawson's Creek before his more recent credits, including the television shows Political Animals and Arrow and the Green Lantern movie.
8. THE LIVING END (1992): It wouldn't be an gay LA rundown without at least one entry from Greg Araki, a director who sets many of his movies in Hollywoodland's shadows. In this one concerns two HIV positive men, one a cop-shooting drifter, the other a straight-laced movie critic, who go on a road trip that's hilarious, horrifying, and touching.
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Meet RuPaul's Drag Race's New, Bulgier Pit Crew
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection