3-Minute Postcard: Shark Alley
By Kevin Richberg
The Discovery Channel’s Shark Week is the most successful "educational" marketing campaign ever conceived. And for good reason: we humans seem to have an built-in fascination with sharks, and specifically with the king of sharks, the Great White.
Unfortunately, Shark Week has become increasingly sensationalized and packaged for armchair travelers who have no idea how easy it is to break the fourth wall and actually see sharks in real life, no diving experience required.
In this episode of 3-Minute Postcard, I show you exactly what to expect when encountering great whites by diving straight into South Africa's Shark Alley. This stretch of water has the highest known concentration of great white sharks, and guides from the town of Gansbaai are more than willing to take visitors out for an up-close look at these amazing creatures. I took them up on their offer, and you can, too.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem