3-Minute Postcard: Shark Alley
By Kevin Richberg
The Discovery Channel’s Shark Week is the most successful "educational" marketing campaign ever conceived. And for good reason: we humans seem to have an built-in fascination with sharks, and specifically with the king of sharks, the Great White.
Unfortunately, Shark Week has become increasingly sensationalized and packaged for armchair travelers who have no idea how easy it is to break the fourth wall and actually see sharks in real life, no diving experience required.
In this episode of 3-Minute Postcard, I show you exactly what to expect when encountering great whites by diving straight into South Africa's Shark Alley. This stretch of water has the highest known concentration of great white sharks, and guides from the town of Gansbaai are more than willing to take visitors out for an up-close look at these amazing creatures. I took them up on their offer, and you can, too.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!