30 Postcards: Elephant Riding In Thailand
By Andrew Belonsky
Elephants show a range of human-like emotions: happiness, sadness, anger and jealously. I saw only the first when I visited the Patara Elephant Farm in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where anyone can spend a day bonding with these mammoth creatures.
From conducting a health check up, cleaning, riding (in the traditional Thai way, meaning on their neck, harness free), and even swimming with your new 6-ton companion, you’ll get the ins and outs of what it takes to care of an elephant and you'll develop a new understanding of how the ways these creatures share some of our most seemingly unique qualities.
In the meantime, watch this episode of 30 Postcards to see the world through one of the world's most magnificent creatures, the endangered Asian elephant.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film