30 Postcards: Saving The Philippine Eagle In Davao City
By Kevin Richberg
The Philippine Eagle is currently "critically endangered," meaning there are less than 600 of its kind left on the whole wide world. It's one step away from complete extinction.
This slide can and should be stopped, so for this episode of 30 Postcards, I traveled to The Philippine Eagle Center in Davao City, on the southern Philippine island of Mindanao, the home to the largest wild group of these incredible birds, and an incredible vacation destination for those who want to devote their free time to saving one of the planet's most in-need creatures.
And it's a sure-fire way to get an authentic Philippine experience: saving this bird, a majestic symbol of Philippine pride, has become a national quest.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem