Daniel O'Donnell and John Banta
By Evan Lambert
Then, of course, they followed up the ceremony with an after-party: a disco-themed bash held upstairs, where O’Donnell had “the time of his life.”
After their honeymoon in Paris, O’Donnell and Banta have for the most part settled down. Banta is still director of special events for the Metropolitan Opera, and O’Donnell is still a New York State Assemblyman—and neither one plans on leaving his post any time soon. They currently live happily together in a Morningside Heights apartment.
“I had never been with a man before [Banta.] I had never kissed a man before,” O’Donnell explains. “But we’ve been together ever since [our kiss]...and now he’s my man. Now he’s my husband.”
And just think: None of that would have happened if it weren’t for a regular, laid-back Friday night in college.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 17th Annual Out100
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series