Everyone seems to want to get in on the action and celebrate the 'age of modern marriage' -- or at least grab a piece of that same-sex wedding pie. New York alone is expecting around $311 million in revenue from weddings over the next few years. But for thrifty brides-and-grooms-to-be (and who isn't?), good deals are coming in aplenty. Last week we told you about Gay Marriage Deals in NYC and this week it's all about the honeymoon from chic Manhattan hideaways to rustic luxe getways in the woods and bungalows on the beach in the Carribean breeze.
Affinia Hotel ' Dumont, Manhattan & Shelburne properties, NYC
"Pride in the City" package includes:
- Spacious accommodations
- Cocktails for a celebratory toast
- Breakfast for two each morning
- A symbolic White Knot to show your support for equality (Affinia Hotels will donate $10 to White Knot for Equality)
The Pierre New York
Celebrate New York's historic Marriage decision with a package that includes:
- A champagne welcome
- A personalized wedding cake by The Pierre's expert pastry chef and a floral arrangement designed by Olivier Atelier
- Breakfast in bed
- An in-room couple's massage
- A late night aphrodisiac menu with selections that include oysters, chocolate and champagne
- A carriage ride through Central Park ending with one of our specialty picnic baskets for lunch in the world's most romantic park
- Rates from $2,095 per night in a City View Suite and $3,500 per night in a Luxury Grand Suite
"Signature Collection Third Night Free" package includes:
- Simply book and pay for two consecutive nights to receive a complimentary Third Night during your stay.'
Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa, Upstate NY
"New York Honeymoon" package includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- breakfast each morning
- dinner one evening
- a spa service for each person
- a luxurious suite robe to take home
- $1350 per couple including tax and gratuity for two evenings
Included in the stay are the Inn's complimentary rowboats, paddle boats,'canoes and kayaks, private sandy beach on pristine Mirror Lake, heated'outdoor pool overlooking Mirror Lake, heated Adirondack-themed indoor pool'with a whirlpool and sauna, afternoon tea with homemade chocolate chip'cookies, tennis court with complimentary rackets and balls, a spectacular'view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack High Peaks, and live music at The'Cottage or T'ste Bistro Friday and Saturday nights.
Offering newlyweds who present a valid New York marriage license a free upgrade and dinner for two when booking a four-night stay now until December 22, 2011. Offer applies to all couples, gay and straight.
Queen's Gardens Resort, Saba
Present a valid marriage certificate from New York to receive one night free and one complimentary breakfast in bed, now through December 15, 2011.'Offer applies to all couples, gay and straight.
Millennium Hotels and Resorts, Worldwide
Millennium encourages LGBT newly wed couples to take advantage of their 15% PRIDE discount for accommodations before and after the wedding
Gem Hotel, NYC
For a flat, special rate, wedding guests can "take over" an entire GEM Hotel, starting at $10,000 per night, or an entire floor of the hotel. Includes:
Wedding couple will also receive a bottle of free champagne'
Guests will enjoy complimentary amenities including high-speed Internet access, premium bottled water and Wolfgang Puck coffee
Check back often for more deals and packages as they roll in. For more ideas around the country, check out our Top Wedding Venues. And for city slickers and those that want to be, New York City's official'NYC I Do'campaign lists everything you need to know about planning a wedding in Gotham as well as a general FAQ about the process to obtain a marriage license.